Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm back ...

Well let’s see, I have not posted anything since June of last year. Needless to say I have been very busy; recently a friend of mine asked why I have not posted anything since last year. And I told him that well I just hadn’t, so after that I decided to post again. What has kept me so busy? Work; I am currently working as a Technical Artist at Midway games in Chicago and due to the amount of work I just have not had much time to work on my modeling much less post anything on my blog. By the way I am not much of a blog posting person to begin with, if you see my older posts they are straight forward and to the point. So I would say this entry will probably be the longest one I have typed and will be for a long time to come. But back to the modeling, even though I have not modeled a lot of things since my last post I did not forget and do want to keep on modeling, and so I did. So being that I love aircraft of all kinds I decided to model and texture as realistically as possible an F-14a Tomcat. I think it came out pretty good although looking back on it I know I could do much better. Honestly looking back at some of the work I previously posted I think I can do much, much, much, much better than what I did. I think that’s how everyone feels about their work, they see older stuff and say “oh no I did that?” and I am not different. But don’t misunderstand me, I am very proud of the work I did and stand by 100% but I can now see all the mistakes and what I could have done better. And I think that’s what its all about, doing something, learning from it and then come back later and do something even better. Well enough blogging (blah, blah, blah). Here is my F-14a Tomcat.

No comments: